Friday, July 2, 2010

23 Things - Thing #23

I have really enjoyed this experience on Library2Play. At first, it was overwhelming, but now I truly do see the value in it. I have learned a lot of useful information for me both personally and to use in the classroom/library. One of my favorite tasks was creating the blog. I had fun with this, especially creating my own avatar. I also appreciated the chance to review Library Thing again. I had previously heard about it and had every intention of signing up. Thanks to this exercise, that's one I can check off my list. I also found Rollyo interesting. I know I will using it this school year.

Every exercise I worked through had its level of challenge. Some were easier than others, and I am actually still trying to upload my Photostory to Thing #21. That was difficult and still is, but I am working through it. I am not sure if it is a computer issue or human error, but I will go forth and conquer.

I think that going through this program and learning new things about technology and its capabilities has given me a thirst for more. I want to know what else there is, and I know there is probably a lot more to learn. If there was another opportunity to participate in something like this again, I think I would be very agreeable to it. Although time consuming, it is well worth it.

If I were to sum up this experience in one sentence, I would say: Library2Play is Web 2.0 at it's best, so take a chance and play.

4 comments:

  1. You did it! Hopefully you found some great "things" to use as you venture into using these new technologies with students. It sounds like the students you work with would find these applications meaningful and engaging. I hope you have success implementing and using some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you! I am on Thing #12 and I have already learned so much! I'm so glad to see other teachers who are as excited as I am to try some of these new things we have learned in the classroom. I'm sure implementing the "things" will be much different in a 6th grade classroom than in my 3rd grade classroom, but I know that it can be equally effective for both groups! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed you were a 6th grade language arts teacher...so am I! However, I am in the Spring Branch Schools. We have a very diverse population. I agree that technology is one of the best motivators for the challenging students. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!Your blog looks great!I agree with you this experience certainly gives you a thirst for more. I too am looking forward to my future technology journey. Cheers to a great school year!

    ReplyDelete