Wednesday, June 23, 2010

23 Things - Thing #12

I read through all the articles on commenting on blogs. I really liked the article entitled "Ten Techniques to Get More Comments on your Blog." The first two techniques I thought were the best, Invite Comments and Ask Questions. These seem very likely that your chances of getting a response are better. I also appreciated the comment made by Blue Skunk that if someone responds to your blog to be polite and respond back at least with a thank you. I feel that this strategy will definitely keep others posting on your blog. It's nice to be acknowledged.

I found two interesting blogs using a Google Blog Search that I actually responded to. One was called "The Goddess Blogs." Today, June 23rd, she posted a blog about libraries as essential services and how public libraries are suffering cut backs due to the economy. She was interested in others sharing their experiences about going to the public library as children. All of the comments were heartfelt. Another blog I commented on was the "Free Range Librarian." This is a general blog about librarianship. On June 19, ALA Conference Tips were posted. I found these to be quite useful, which I wished I would have had before going to TLA Conference in San Antonio. These could have proved to be useful there too. I felt so lost at the conference.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!! How in the heck did you get all of our blogs linked to yours?? That is SO cool!! Your blog looks great!! I didn't even know who's this was, but it figures I'd pick your blog to comment on! Anyway, it looks great!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Schwab

    ReplyDelete