Wednesday, June 23, 2010

23 Things - Thing #13

Love del.icio.us! This would be very helpful to me, because as they said in the video "Bookmarks" on the web browser is the old way of doing it and it tends to be unorganized. This is my problem. I have tons of bookmarks, but I always have to scroll down the list to find what I am looking for. By assigning each bookmark a tag, I can find things quicker. I decided I have a new project. I am going to clean up my bookmarks and move them to del.icio.us.

I can see how this could be useful in both the classroom and library. If teachers want students to find a website that they would like the students to research, the teachers could simply have the students find it on the social bookmarking page. I just feel this might be a better way to access materials on the internet that help support the curriculum. Librarians could use this site with other teachers to collaborate on new projects.

1 comment:

  1. I like de.li.cious too! I have used it with my students when I wanted to limit their searches to certain websites. It is also helpful when researching something specific, such as Civil War, that would pull up WAY too many hits otherwise! It is a great tool that librarians could set up for a grade level or department to use. Have fun moving and organizing your "favorites"! I am still working on changing that habit myself.

    ReplyDelete