Saturday, June 19, 2010

23 Things - Thing #7

Cool Google Tools just shows how Google can be a very useful tool. There are many different aspects of Google that seem relevant to the classroom. I love Google Earth. I know that one of the Social Studies teachers on my campus uses this on a regular basis. He always has the application open so that when the class is discussing a location, he can show the class where this is located. I also saw this being used in my daughter's art class at Kids U at UHCL. In her class, the students were studying the Italian Renaissance, and the teacher used Google Earth to show students the architecture of famous buildings in Italy.

I also tried Google Alerts. I wanted to be sent anything that had to do with Collaborative Library Lessons when available. This is great since I will be able to keep a file of any articles that are sent to me about this topic. This will prove useful in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment