Tuesday, June 15, 2010

23 Things - Thing #2

I really enjoyed listening and watching the tutorial for 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Life Long Learners. I identified with quite a few of these, but I would say the easiest habit for me is Habit 2, "accepting responsibility for your own learning." This is easy for me because I am a very curious person; therefore, there are things I want to know and try. I put the forth the effort to learn new things all the time. If I don't know something, I ask or do the research on my own.

Probably the most difficult habit for me is Habit 3, "view problems as challenges." I guess sometimes I get caught up in a problem and tend to over react when it is not necessary. I am getting better at remaining calm and accepting the problem as a challenge, but it is a work in progress. I am slowly learning to accept that there is no problem that I can't handle. I am definitely not as intense as I use to be in this situation. Thank goodness, because patience has its reward.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being able to handle problems better, especially ones that pop up suddenly (and that happens regularly in the library) will definitely be a benefit to you when you move into your library!
    (and of course it doesn't hurt in your classroom either!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "blog skin" - is it one that's standard on Blogger these days?

    ReplyDelete