Saturday, June 19, 2010

23 Things - Thing #9

The search tool that I found to be the easiest and most user-friendly was Edublog. Everything was in a organized list, and it was easy to find what I was interested in. Google Blog Search is okay, but you really have to know what you're looking for. It can be quite overwhelming.

Syndic8.com was very confusing. I had great difficulty finding anything, and to me, the home page was not very appealing.

I found both useful and unsual feeds. Useful feeds from Edublog that I added to my Google Reader were Free Technology for Teachers and Creating Lifelong Learners. Since Topix.net directs you to the community you live in when you open the website, I was given various feeds about Deer Park. There was one called dpisd sucks. Of course, being a parent of a child who goes to school in Deer Park, I had to check it out. Interesting information being shared; however, I am not sure how valid since these are strictly opinions. I just thought it was in bad taste to read blogs mentioning specific schools and teachers' and/or administrators' names. Quite frightening!

1 comment:

  1. I have tried and tried to use blog search tools, but I find my best leads come from looking at other folks blogrolls. It's like a book - if someone likes a book that I like, chances are we have some other favorite books in common. Works the same for blogs.

    ReplyDelete